Today’s age is the digital age; with over half the world actively on the internet one thing can be mandated – that digital is here to stay. January 2021 accounted for over 4.6 billion internet users which is a staggering 59.5% of the world’s population. We can simply not imagine a world that is not digitally connected and digital marketing sits at the heart of this all.
Digital marketing is something that is in a constant state of flux. Today it boasts of encompassing technologies such as machine learning and artificial intelligence which are still novice terms amongst the common man. With the pandemic inducing a remote working culture as the latest trend, it is safe to say that the digital marketing landscape has only been evolving and trying to keep up with emerging technologies and changing business trends.
Many advancements led to digital marketing and content being where it is now. Some of the trends that were most noticeable were focused on search engine optimization (SEO) to ensure your business was at the top when a keyword linked to your product was used. Then there was the rise of social media marketing where advertisements, sponsored posts, influencers and hashtags emerged that resonated with the consumer.
Marketeers used hyper-targeted advertising which analysed the user journey, purchase patterns, and stored digital cookies in order to target the relevant consumer. Enhanced interest in customer experiences ensured that the customer journey was flawless, convenient and required minimal to no effort from their end. The entire focus here was on UI/ UX, chatbots and streamlining the customer interaction. A good website designing company in India or abroad can ensure that website increases your ROI by making a good impression and building trust with the customer.
As for augmented reality, Pokémon Go is the perfect example of an evolved digital marketing avenue, where a digital creation is merged with reality on an electrical platform, thus adding another element to it – augmenting it.
While these have been the recent developments along with others such as Search engine marketing, email marketing, pay per click and more that have been the top of the mind go-to digital marketing strategies; here is what the future holds:
- Increased focus on customer experience via privacy protection. Privacy centric initiatives rather than cookie tracking is an initiative towards privacy protection as consumers rely on companies to keep their data safe
- Programmatic advertising which is about real-time buying and optimization of digital campaigns. This is a cost-effective method for SMEs to compete with the larger budget companies
- Innovative video marketing and dynamic optimization of content
- Growing importance of alternative browsers
- Increased focus on inclusive and socially conscious marketing that take into account the misrepresented or underrepresented communities
- Incorporating VR (virtual reality) and AR (augmented reality) to help increase the familiarity with the product or providing 360 degree views of the custom designs
To conclude, a certainty that surrounds inbound marketing agencies is that, what it is today is very different from what it was ten years ago and the future is expected to be far reaching and diverse. Long story short, it is here to stay and businesses need to be up to date with the latest trends to remain relevant to their end consumer. It is better to bring a Digital Marketing Agency in India such as RepIndia on board to ensure your digital marketing efforts are up to date and effective thereby, increasing the ROI.